How do I completely remove One Ubuntu?

I'll miss Ubuntu One. It was my unique cloud client. But it's time to move forward and if you have the Ubuntu One client installed you can remove with these commands (source):

sudo killall ubuntuone-login ubuntuone-preferences ubuntuone-syncdaemon
mv ~/Ubuntu\ One/ ~/UbuntuOld
rm -rf ~/.local/share/ubuntuone/
rm -rf ~/.cache/ubuntuone/
rm -rf ~/.config/ubuntu/
rm -rf ~/.config/ubuntuone/
sudo apt-get purge ubuntuone-* python-ubuntuone-storage* -y


RIP u1! FYI some alternatives with Ubuntu clients: Dropbox, Copy, Wuala, Bitcasa, Hubic or your Owncloud.

5 comments:

  1. Does any of those other sites, minus Dropbox, sync the way that Ubuntu One does?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I just added Hubric. I had not heard of that one. Looking forward to learning more. Copy is excellent especially if you share a lot of large files or have a company that needs a hub.. But the desktop app does have issue with Ubuntu. It's been my backup to Ubuntu 1 for a while now. I will miss the service too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure would love to see anyone who comes across this post, or who has any experience with any of the sites listed, take part in the U1 replacement discussion at http://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/what-are-your-plans-to-replace-ubuntu-one-and-why/1598

    ReplyDelete