A container that will load a web inside and it'll appear one application.
- Get an useful and common web with a mobile view.
- Some webs are using a subdomain for the mobile web as m.web.com. Other are reading the User Agent, then they will work with Ubuntu, because the User Agent is "Ubuntu like Android".
- Search if it exists before.
- Use Ubuntu 14.10 (or the last stable release in the future).
What do you need?
- A web with a mobile view.
- Ubuntu SDK.
- You should take a look to the official tutorial too :)
Install the SDK:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-sdk-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntu-sdk
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Search and launch the SDK:
|Click in New Project|
|Choose Web App|
|Fill the name and path|
|Fill your name and app name|
|I choose 14.10 for ARM|
|I'll click in Finish|
|For a normal web, leave this 3 policy groups|
|Get a description Comment for your webapp. I'd recommend you the Wikipedia|
|Tip: You can play with the User Agent too. Run "webapp-container --help" in an Ubuntu Desktop 14.10+ shell for see all available options|
|Get an icon|
|Set icon to 256x256 px and .png (You can do it with GIMP)|
|Fill your manifest|
|Tip: Don't run it! It'll create a 'debug' module and it'll not validate it. Just Build your project|
|A folder was created with your click package. We need to upload then :)|
|Go to this URL and click in Phone > New application|
|Choose your click package and click Upload (If you are getting an error, go to "Phones". It's probably that the package was uploaded)|
|You will see your new project as Draft|
|Click on your new project and click in Submit for review. Click in publish after that|